NightHawk Lovers,

Last year, about a week after I got a new tire for my '85 CB650SC, I got a
screw in the tire.    I removed that wheel,
and replaced it with a spare wheel with an older tire.   It worked well.
Then I took the wheel with the damaged
tire to my dealer, and got a new tire for it.    I stored the wheel with the
new tire in the garage.

Today, I decided to replace my disk pads and put the wheel with the repaired
tire back on the
bike.   Something strange happened.   The wheel sits about 1/8 inch to the
left of "centered" , so that the disk
is not really centered in the caliper slot, and, in fact, it's so far off to
the left, that the bolts of the disk rub the
metal of the anti-dive support.   So I went back to the other wheel.

Now this is strange, since the repaired tire is on  the same wheel that
worked.   The disks are on the correct side, and weren't removed when the
tire was replaced.   I can't think of anything to do but put a washer
between the speedometer gear housing and the fork.

Would anyone in this group even venture a guess as to what might have
happened?

Matt Temple

--
-------
Matt Temple

"Talking, it seemed to me, was the point of adult existence.
I have never lost that sense." -- Tony Judt