NightHawk Lovers,

Last year, about a week after I got a new tire for my '85 CB650SC, I
got a fat screw in the tire the very next week.
I removed that wheel, and replaced it with a spare wheel with an older
tire.    Then I took the wheel with the damaged
tire to my dealer, and got a new tire for it.  I stored the wheel with
the new tire in the garage.

Today, I decided to replace my disk pads and put the wheel with the
repaired tire back on the
bike.   But something strange happened.   That wheel sits about 1/8
inch to the left of "centered" , so that the disk
is not really centered in the caliper slot, and, in fact, it's so far
off to the left, that the bolts of the disk rub the
metal of the anti-dive support.   So I went back to the other wheel.

Now this is /really/ strange, since the repaired tire is on the same
wheel that worked just fine before I took it off.   The disks are on
the correct side, and weren't removed by the dealer when the tire was
replaced.   I can't think of anything to do but put a washer between
the speedometer gear housing and the fork to push it back to the
right.

Would anyone in this excellent group even venture a guess as to what
might have happened?

Matt Temple