Hi Gene,
Have you inspected the "brushes"? (most likely problem)
They are the little square brown parts attached to braided wires that are spring loaded & make contact with the shaft.
When I rebuilt mine, they were dust. I've already done it twice.
I got a kit on e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STARTER-REBUILD-REPAIR-KIT-HONDA-CB750-750-NIGHTHAWK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e4cdb5a0QQitemZ360320972192
The guy I got mine from was nice enough to just send the brush assembly my 2nd time for 1/2 the price of the whole kit.
Bernie-Pa.-550
Have you inspected the "brushes"? (most likely problem)
They are the little square brown parts attached to braided wires that are spring loaded & make contact with the shaft.
When I rebuilt mine, they were dust. I've already done it twice.
I got a kit on e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STARTER-REBUILD-REPAIR-KIT-HONDA-CB750-750-NIGHTHAWK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e4cdb5a0QQitemZ360320972192
The guy I got mine from was nice enough to just send the brush assembly my 2nd time for 1/2 the price of the whole kit.
Bernie-Pa.-550
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM, gene hawkes <[email protected]> wrote:
--hello everyone ok im looking for a starter motor for my yr 2000 750 nighhawk ive look most everywhere and i took the bad one off the bike it was help on with 2 short bolts and 2 long ones the end of the unit underneath the cylinder heads is still there so i guess i need to know that this unit just slides out and the replacement slides into the other end away from the part where the wire conects to the relay and selinoid switch please any advice would be great gene
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
