Hello All,
        With a discouraging lack of ideas for buying a flag holder - I
decided to make my own. I've got about $8 in parts - $5 in flags - in this.
Pictures available: http://bit.ly/k7XeOu
        The last time I did this setup, I used cheaper flags, with plastic
tie-wraps (ie wire ties) around the luggage rack supports. This created two
problems - one the flags were not worth putting back on the bike after the
initial day and two when I had to haul something I had to destroy the
mounts, a bit wasteful.
        This time around - I bought automotive grade flags - and I decided
to go with a mount that I could re-use.
        I bought two feet of rubber fuel line - 5/8" size (I believe)
shortened the line to about 9 inches on a side, slit them down the middle
and wrapped the hose around both the flag and the rack support. Its a little
short, but its enough to keep the hose clamps from digging into the supports
- which was the point.
        Cheap, easy, fast - a great way to show your patriotism on the
fourth!
          -Joey

-- 
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to