Raleigh. It's irritating to be on the Blue Ridge Parkway with all its
beauty and critters to have an ear-splitting scrum of cycles roar by,
oblivious to bird songs and the rest of the joys of riding the parkway. I'm
sure many hard-core bikers would consider a rider who likes bird songs a
bit "quar." Interestingly, there are many, many small-displacement, quiet
bikes on the parkway as well. I think they seek it out for sanctuary.  Bill
S.