Castrol LMA Dot 4 brake fluid should work just fine.  Low moisture activity

________________________________
From: Dadio <mco2...@gmail.com>
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 6, 2011 9:46 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: What kind of clutch fluid

Just had this same question while getting my 650 services. Mechanic
informed there is specific clutch fluid, even though the clutch
reservoir cap (at least on mine) calls for brake fluid. He says he
doesn't know why Honda cap says to use DOT 3, but should be specific
clutch fluid, from his training. He's not one to rely on Honda the
specifics. Has found that automatic transmission fluid works better on
front forks than the specified fork fluids, as AT fluid is essentially
the same thing and holds up better.

Local AutoZone in No. CA (South of Sacramento) has Manual Clutch
fluid, but not sure if it is for auto or motorcycle... suspect it
works for motorcycle, but will check with my mechanic. (He's mobile
and comes to my garage at half the shop rate, certifed and 15 years in
the business.)
Mark