At 12:47 PM 11/16/2011, you wrote:
I would be interested to see the numbers once you have 8 tanks of premium.
Could you post them when you have them?

I've got the last 30,000 miles logged for my car and the biggest difference was driving style, not octane.

I've logged every vehicle I've ever owned since first purchase. The only time octane can make a difference is if you have the compression to make use of it. One of my pickup's has 10.5:1 compression. I pick up enough MPG on 94 over 87 to make up the difference in price (most of the time anyway).

What is the compression ratio on a NH? specifically an 83 450 ;o)

Pat Patterson
Abbotsford, BC, Canada

2001 PT Cruiser
83 450 Honda Nighthawk
78 F350    460/C6 on propane
71 Bronco 302/C4/D20 D44/9"

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

"If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."