Hear, hear! I ride both, and will as long as I can. I live in Raleigh NC, the
fifth-most-dangerous city in the country for two-wheel and pedestrian traffic,
and I hope most of you ride in friendlier areas. There's a significant number
of drivers here who hate two-wheel transport of any kind, feeling they take up
valuable "bandwidth" that belongs to them. This is reflected in attitudes,
letters to the editor and calls to the city to eliminate bike lanes. I've been
purposely driven into an oncoming lane by a $@$%^^$# in an SUV, looking me
right in the eye. That was on my Honda C70. I have always made a point of being
courteous to bicyclists and bikers, although there are some seriously nasty
bikers in NC, some of the Harley crowd which often feels it has to prove
something. But, to be fair, most of the Harley crowd is troublesome mostly from
noise, cranking up, revving loudly and blasting away from peaceful outdoor
dining areas. If you're lucky enough to live on the West Coast you're likely
treated much better than on the East Coast. I've been all over Seattle on a
50-cc scooter and had no problems whatever. Bicycles are everywhere, almost
like Holland. Portland, Oregon and Seattle both are rated at the top of
two-wheel/pedestrian friendliness. If you're moving to NC and want a similar
community, try Asheville in the mountains. Once had a woman in a giant black
SUV stop at a green light downtown, smile at me and waved me across the street.
Amazingly, she didn't then run over me. We so badly need to get out of our cars
and use bikes/cycles that I go out of my way to be courteous and friendly to
bicyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians. Sorry for the rant.  Bill S. 2000 NH
250