hyperbole - did I miss it.  is there one for sale?  I haven't got one of those. 
 Wait, I'll go out and check the garage. 

On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:38 AM, surfswab wrote:

> Just yankin' your chain a little ;-)
> 
> Seafoam has gotten to be a standing joke around here as a miracle cure
> for whatever ails a motor.  It's a decent product when used as
> intended (clearing up minor carb problems), but claims for it have
> reached the level of hyperbole.
> 
> You'll see when these guys start chiming in with their characteristic
> puns and goofs.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Mar 3, 7:59 am, EGrider <[email protected]> wrote:
>> He said that when he was in charge of WOW motorcycles (used bike chain
>> that has a couple hundred used bikes on hand at any time, in case
>> you're not familiar with it) he had to prep bikes to survive sitting
>> for possibly months on the sales floor. He said that Startron was your
>> best best for preventing carb problems on bikes that are laid up for
>> the winter.
>> 
>> This was in response to my questions about power problems on my V30
>> Magna, which had languished in the garage of the parents of the kid I
>> bought it from.
>> 
>> Sorry, but I don't know what sacred cow I may be coming close to
>> blaspheming.
>> 
>> Glenn
>> 
>> On Mar 2, 8:12 pm, surfswab <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>> But how does it taste on corn flakes?...and does it cure erectile
>>> disfunction or baldness?
>> 
>>> Careful now, you're treading dangerously close to blaspheming a
>>> Nighthawk Lovers sacred cow ;-)
>> 
>>> Just out of curiosity, what does he claim Startron does that Seafoam
>>> (or B12 Chemtool, or Lucas Oil, or (name one) doesn't?
>> 
>>> On Mar 2, 7:55 pm, EGrider <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>>> I called this guy today, and he is what he says he is. He's willing to
>>>> offer advice and answer questions, and he didn't even ask my name. If
>>>> you're ever collectively stumped, give him a call:
>> 
>>>> http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/2864899092.html
>> 
>>>> Point of interest: He said he did actual research on Sea Foam vs.
>>>> Stabil vs. Startron vs. I can't remember, and he said Startron was the
>>>> clear winner. How about that.
>> 
>>>> Glenn
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to