Thanks, Jay.   No wobbles yet in spite of the front Dunlop tire getting
worn.   But, I'll watch for this.

Dennis

Christchurch, NZ

From: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jaybird248
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:51 PM
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Tires and Wear

I had a set of Avon AM-26 Roadriders on my 92 NH750.  At about 14K miles, I
developed a 45-55 MPH vibration. First thought was to replace the front
wheel bearings but that did no good.  The tech suggested the tires might be
worn but they still showed lots of tread. I replaced them anyway with
Bridgestone BT-45s.  Problem solved.

Lesson learned: Even if tires still show tread, they may be worn out
internally. I don't know if this is an issue limited to Avons, but I thought
I'd let you guys know.

Jay S
92 NH750 (119K miles)
South Florida