I had this happen to me. My brother took the little black box under the seat [
I can't remember what it is called ] and re-soldered in it. It has been working
good for 3 years now. I hope this helps.

rodhall
550 Nighthawk

Hey everyone!

The question below was posted from my website. Please share your thoughts.

Paul LeBoutillier
www.hondanighthawks.net

Paul,

Can you or maybe some of your contacts help me? I have an 83 nighthawk 550 and
have changed the battery, stator,regulator/rectifier and the battery keeps
going dead after 45 minutes of riding or when it just sits for a couple of
days. Any and all ideas are welcomed. I dont want to sell the bike because I'm
broke. What am I missing. According to all my measurements with an electric
meter everything is working correctly.

Pulling my hair out,
Aaron Magnan