Doubtful.  Seems the ubiquity of the brand name is what it's all
about, more than the actual product.

Reminds me of marketing schemes like Coors beer limiting its
distribution to western states only in the seventies.  It was in high
demand in the east because Coors wouldn't ship there.  When they
finally opened the eastern market, everybody realized what piss water
it was.  Now, though it's still a fairly popular brand, it's not the
big deal it was back then.

Likewise, American brands overseas are considered exotic, but they're
also hedging their bets with local variations -- like sweet and sour
chicken at a Chinese KFC, or tacos at a Mexican Mickey D.  (Not to
mention breakfast burritos in the U.S.)

Makes you wonder what a Chinese Harley will become.