Last summer I didn't get to riding my bike much...mostly because it was a
VERY busy summer, with multiple church camps, my daughter's wedding and a
road trip that I took (not on my bike) from my home in Oregon to visit
family in Minnesota. The bottom line: my bike SAT a lot. Then by the time I
got it out of mothballs this Spring I found my low RPM jets COMPLETELY
clogged. Had to take it in and have them cleaned out (I am NOT mechanical
when it comes to carbs). $250 later (OUCH!) the bike is running
incredible...and I'm a bit poorer--but also more determined to start the
bike REGULARLY even when I get swamped, and let it run for at least 10 to
15 minutes.

My mechanic told me that all the additives that go into gasoline these days
actually work AGAINST you if the vehicle sits too long and they can really
gum things up.

He gave me a very enthusiastic recommendation for Seafoam, which I assured
him I was already using. He also warned against putting Stabil in my fuel
tank when winterizing...saying that it used to be good, but now it actually
separates over time and causes clogging issues. Hmmm.

*

Paul LeBoutillier *
*www.hondanighthawks.net*