The five BMW dealers in Vietnam might be surprised that you are surprised
that there are BMW dealers in Vietnam.  Communist Vietnam has become even
more capitalistic than communist China in the last 30 years.  I'm sure
there are still millions who toil in rice paddies, but the country is
rapidly becoming an economic powerhouse in that part of the world.

The Bond bike you saw (in Tomorrow Never Dies -- Pierce Brosnan, Michelle
Yeoh) was a pre-production '97 R1200C.  The movie was its first
introduction to the public, so it was obviously shipped in for the event.
It was more popularly known simply as the Cruiser until production stopped
in '05.