From: "Rick, Scituate, MA, 82 650 NH" <gibbon...@gmail.com>
Sender: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:39:34
To: <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Anyone know what a 82 CB650 should charge at?

I have the same ride.  At idle, 850 rpm it will be 12.4-12.6V.  If I'm over
2500 rpm, I'll get 14V.  It been like this since I bough the bike in 2005.

I had a dead battery last month after stopping for gas.  Fortunaltey it was
on top of a hill, got it rolling and popped the clutch into 2nd.  My own
fault I have a float charger but just didn't bother using it.

FYI: Harbor Freight's float charger is on sale $6.00,
http://www.harborfreight.com/battery-float-charger-automatic-69955.html.

Taking the seat off to use the charger is a pain so I added leads with
plastic heads (so they don't short out) from the battery.  They are long
enough that they stay folded in the little tool storage.  That way I just
have to pull the left cover to clip on the charger.

My turn to ask a question.  I want to add a 2nd set of leads for my GPS,
(Mr. Honda hangs his head in shame when he thinks of my speedometer)
anybody have suggestions or guidance?  How have you run the wire to the
handlebars?

Thanks,
Rick