<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ff0vYDWTbm8/VBJ2TxOdH_I/AAAAAAAAAGo/YH2jD1Y5Qcg/s1600/NightCorner.jpg>

Well, it's not real new, but it feels like a brand new machine. The Givi 
Universal Air Flow screen compresses the air over your head, sound and all. 
You now hear the motor at any speed, and not your face mask banging 
violently against your helmet the faster you go (that takes the fun out of 
motorcycling after a while.) The motor sounds real good too. And I never 
need to put my face shield down at any speed (yet), it doesn't slam shut 
when open and riding, and I almost really don't need ear plugs any more 
(but I will when I remember or on long trips.) This is the best option of 
all, bar none. And Mcquire's #10 clear polish works on Lexan the same as 
acrylic (whew!) But I do need to carry a portable cover if left in the Sun 
all day due to Lexan may slightly warp over time, but the nice waxed clean 
new bike look without bird droppings makes up for that minor hassle.

I got the Progressive front springs put in with Honda 10w fork oil, sealed 
up in new fork boots forever, but will probably go to the Bellray 15w oil 
eventually. Its just too much chatter on the front end for me (at my 
weight) now at lower speeds in the city (on CA earthquake roads). It's not 
critical enough to do anything yet though.

The heated grips have a thicker diameter grip, and that alone takes some 
pressure off my grip and allows better blood circulation in my hand. It's 
not a real hot grips like I have on my BMW 650, even at the max setting of 
4 of 4, However, my BMW grips can only be left on a couple of minutes 
before they burn your hand (I like these better.) I usually get where I'm 
going so far before they warm up on my new heated grips in a couple of 
miles. I think they will warm up on longer trips, but I like the thicker 
throttle grips better already. The thicker grips makes it where my hands 
don't cramp up now even without the heat (better leverage where I'm not 
fighting the stock grip springs by cinching down on a tiny diameter grip.) 

I just need a lot of detailing now (new front blinkers on order), but the 
bike is incredible now and better than any more expensive "luxury" bikes 
for my riding: commuter and occasional road work. I never knew there were 
bikes you did not need to adjust the valves before. A couple of nice 
options, and presto: it is an exotic maintenance free Roadster. It feels 
better than a $15,000 used BMW. I had one (several in fact), and it was 
heavier with worse braking with dual brakes (ie - more dangerous) and you 
had to adjust valves. I can't believe I'm saving $13,000 for a better bike 
too!

Seriously, there is New Nighthawk in Town. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to