On an 1100 it's a little more complicated than that.  The visible "tank" is
false.  Actual tank is under the seat and requires the following (from a
Goldwing forum):

"Remove the rear wheel, fender, inner fender, seat, fuel valve,gas cap and
spill tray. Remove the rear master cylinder mount bolts and let drop but
hold it at frame level with a tie of some kind. Then remove the tank mount
bolts, fuel filter and fuel line. Now it should be free to move to the
rear."