Something I've been thinking about for sometime, a cafe racer.  Well just
last weekend I went on to CL and spotted a 1975 CB750F Super sport for
sale, 300 bucks, complete parts bike.  Called the guy up he said it runs
and has paper work......  Okay, I'll be over.

Get to his place and he tells me he gave me the wrong info.  The bike has
no paper work, and seized engine.  I look it over, can tell its been
sitting but everything is there minus some minor stuff.  Offer 200 bucks
and off I go with it in the back of the truck.

So, as far as getting it registered I'm going the way of Vermont, Already
called my state police and there is nothing coming back on the bike, the
plate that was on it expired in 2003 and has been reissued already to a
1999 something (can't legally tell me what bike or who, not that I asked)
however bill of sale, a VIN check I can get it registered out of state
(search it if you want more info)

So seized engine, Well nothing was open to air, only other thing I could
think of would have been low oil and cooked it.  I mean you could stand on
the kick start; took the cover off the points, put a wrench on the boss at
the end of the crank shaft, and it turns!  The kick start was just in a
spot that wouldn't allow it to move!  Hit the kick start and could tell it
had some type of compression.  The wire harness is messed up, and there is
a short.  Pulled carbs, put power to B+ of coils, grounded the frame.
Sprayed some silicone spray into the intakes, hit the kick start and she
fired for a second.  Good enough for me :)  Wont do anything else till I
got paper work and it legally mine, but have a good feeling.