Back in the day, petcocks didn't have auto shutoffs.  That's why they were
invented.  Ditto electric starters, side stand and engine kill switches,
dip sticks, day time headlights and turn signals.

Them good ol' days weren't as good as we like to remember, sometimes.

Thanks to all who suggested a cause and a fix for why my NH750 suddenly