Im on an 83 550 NH. i was riding along and all of a sudden i noticed when i
rolled on the throttle nothing happened. I recently read that there's a power
gap around 45000 rpm so i rolled it back a little more: nothing. Then it died
on me. I was able to restart it while i was still moving but then it died
again. I tried again and got it running ( in motion), but not for long. The
engine sounded different than normal, more throaty ( or airy). I can get it to
start for a second in full choke, but the throttle kills it. So now Im just
sitting here in an empty parking lot...is there anything I can try? Yes, I'm a
green horn. Yes, there's gas in the tank.