Motorcycle: 1985 Honda Nighthawk CB650

My friend just bought this bike and went out for his first ride to only
have the bike breakdown and not move under its own power. The bike when I
test rode it seemed to be fine, but the clutch did let out later than what
I'm used to. I never have ridden a motorcycle with a hydraulic clutch, and
maybe that is the difference. I got the bike to move under its own power,
but the clutch was really slipping. The motorcycle only has 12,xxx miles on
it. It is in decent condition overall.

Could this be the Clutch hydraulics or would the clutch fibers and steels
be bad?