Just purchased  a 84 nighthawk s 750s which is having some kind of
problem  with either the master cylinder,clutch slave or clutch.After
reading a few forums I started by checking things in order. changed
fluid and blead master cylinder. installed  new kit in clutch slave.finally
I pulled the clutch plates and 2 of  the friction plates were in really bad
shape also one of the meatal plates also.I noticed the pressure plate
cover was not the same as in the shop manual I downloaded.it seems that v45
magnas of certain years are compadable.after replacing the plates I went
for a test run and the bike took off fine and shifted good through 1-2-3
but as soon as I incressed the rpm it started to slip again I would
appreciate any ideas  or experiences someone has had .also I would be
interested to know what other clutch assemblys from other hondas are
compadable
                                                                     thanks