Hiya guys,

So I rebuilt my sticky brake calipers. Everything looked good there - and
by that I mean that it looked awful before I rebuilt it. Once I finished
cleaning everything and put the new seals in, the pistons slid home
smoothly and I remounted the caliper. However, my master cylinder still
wasn't putting any pressure. It didn't move the pistons at all nor build
resistance as I pumped the handle. After pricing rebuild kits, I decided to
just replace the master cylinder with this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271183214542

Once I had my old master cylinder off, I started checking it out and found
the rubber cover inside the reservoir that goes over the holes was torn.
Great! There is a clear problem, so replacing the master cylinder should be
my solution! Right? Riiiiiight? Wrong. :(

The new MC came with a little bag of parts - a piston, a spring, a circlip,
and a rubber boot. Similar to what you would see in a rebuild kit, but the
MC seemed to be already assembled. I don't have a pair of deep circlip
pliers to actually take the thing apart, but the boot, piston, circlip, and
spring are all clearly there. Not sure why they sent me extra parts... I
did notice there is no rubber cover inside the reservoir on this one, nor
are there grooves to hold one.

Anyway, I installed the new MC but no dice. I'm still not getting any
pressure at all. Brake fluid will squirt up when I pump the handle but it
doesn't seem to be putting any pressure through the brake lines.

What's my next step? Do I replace the brake lines? They seem to be in good
shape, no bulges, etc. Not sure what to do next.

Help me, Nighthawk Lovers Forum. You're my only hope. :)