Your trip is bringing back some fond childhood memories.  Spent my
formative years (age 8 thru 12) in the Puget Sound area.  Dad was a
Navy search and rescue seaplane pilot stationed on Whidbey Island.
Great place to raise kids -- hunting, fishing, scouting, Little League
baseball, not to mention awesome seafood.

And weekend family day trips by car -- inter-island ferry boat rides,
cruising the coasts and general rubber-necking the gorgeous scenery.  Have
always wanted to go back for a visit but life has managed to get in the way.

It's still on my bucket list, however.