The starter button disables the headlight when pressed and starting the
motor, but that's just a guess. Push starting can work without the hill but
it ain't fun, especially in Florida heat, and you'll look ridiculous while
pushing it. Put it in 2nd, pull in the clutch, run as fast as you can, jump
onto the seat without falling over or dropping the bike and pop the clutch.
If it catches pull the clutch back in before it stalls.