1. I assume this is a motorcycle trip?
Most definitely, or I'd not be asking here. Two bikes, in better weather,
but not waiting too long.

2. Is the goal to see scenery?
Also, definitely. No fun in bombing down freeways in straight lines.

3. What's in Bend, Oregon? Will you be staying there awhile?
Just never been there. Would like to see what everybody likes about it. It
could turn out to be a week-long trip. (Last year a week took us to
Portland, Tri-cities, Yakima and home. That was actually quite nice.) If we
are only in Bend a day then we could do it all in a 5 day weekend  or less
if we had something to prove.
How long would you stay there?

4. Have you considered a route from Bend back to Olympia?
Well, no, I had not. Depending on how knackered we are, or how long we
stay, we could head over to coast and up there, but we are pretty familiar
with that.