I had my carbs adjusted by a mechanic that knows these bikes inside and out and
I have not touched them since but cleaning them and replacing gaskets. I assume
carb adjusting is a witchcraft of sorts. I have no idea what I am looking for.
Check your plugs though. They wil tell you if you are running too rich with
high carbon buildup. Sounds like you are running too lean or your jets are not
aimed at the right spot.