I just acquired a 1985 Honda Nighthawk 450SC which got delivered just
yesterday.
Looks in decent condition and seems to run quite well.
I will post pics in a bit as I figure out the best way to do it here.

While the tool kit was still there in the storage behind the seat,
unfortunately, there was no owner's manual for this. I would love to get a
copy of one for the 1985 NH 450SC since there are some differences I
believe between the ones before 1984 (1982-1984 were not vacuum fed fuel,
while the 1985 is, am I correct?) and the one in 1986 (which had more
environmental controls, PCV etc., am I correct?).

Meanwhile, before riding it, I was plan to do all the necessary tests and
checks, including all fluids, electricals, tires etc. The tires may have a
slow leak which too I hope to find out more on.

There was a minor oil leak near the oil filter. It maybe the o-ring or the
gasket both of which I assume I will replace with the first oil change.
I was planning to do my first oil change in a couple of days.
I thought I would use the Honda OEM filter kit with Honda GN4 10W-40 that
Amazon is selling, assuming that it would be a safe option. Any advice?

I also know that a crush washer comes with the kit. Which I assume goes
with the oil drain plug and not the oil filter bolt, correct?
(There was no specific reference to it in the online owner's manual I found
for 1986).

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Sam