From: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 21 January 2022, 09:34
To: Digest recipients
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Digest for nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com - 5
updates in 2 topics

nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/nighthawk_lovers/topics>
   Google
Groups<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
   [http://www.google.com/images/icons/product/groups-32.png]
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
Topic digest
View all
topics<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/nighthawk_lovers/topics>

  *   Double-CB750 - 3 Updates
  *   Mystery Problem with my Nighthawk 1998 - 2 Updates

Double-CB750
<http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers/t/2732134fa982c49a?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
MattsAwesomeStuff <mattsawesomest...@gmail.com>: Jan 20 02:34AM -0700

> What Matt and Kyle said. Think about it: you supply gasoline to each
cylinder and fire every one of the 8. Every cylinder exerts its force onto
the crank and will do the same work as the other 7. Some extra losses will
result from mechanical linkages to connect the two cranks, but when you
double the number of cylinders, burn double the amount of fuel, you get
double the power.

Oh, I think it's much simpler than that.

It's not about whether it's better.
It's not about whether it adds more horespower.
It's not about efficiency or losses.
It's not about how much gas goes into the cylinder.
It's not about whether the cylinder gets fired.
It's not about how much work the piston is doing.

Engine displacement and power are unrelated.

Engine displacement is literally only a measurement of the total volume
that the cylinders displace when moving through their cycle, nothing more.

In medicine, you'll hear doctors say "Give the patient 10ccs of X". It's
the volume of a syringe's displacement (a plastic piston).

In cooking, we know the displacement of jars of pickles or measuring cups.
And it's called for by the recipe.

That's all CCs mean. A measurement of volume.

That task you perform with that measurement, what you do with that volume
(fill with gas-air mixture and ignite, fill with medicine and inject, or
fill with sugar and pour) doesn't change the volume.
Francisco Gomez <cum.gome...@gmail.com>: Jan 20 09:17AM -0400

Ok, on the case of volume you are sure, displacement volume is as you say,
but front the point of view of performance is a 750 8 cyl
Thanks a lot for this good conversation, time ago that I do not need to
investigate about some technical matter
Best regards

El jue., 20 de enero de 2022 05:35, MattsAwesomeStuff <
MattsAwesomeStuff <mattsawesomest...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 01:52AM -0700

> but front the point of view of performance is a 750 8 cyl

Hmm, no definitely not that either.

>From the point of performance, it would depend how much horsepower and
torque you can get out of it, and how much it weighs. It would depend on
what you had to do to get that power to the wheel.

>From a "What's the engine so I can compare it to other engines and how
powerful they are" perspective, it's a 1500cc 8cyl.

As others have commented, you seem to mistakenly believe each cylinder is
750ccs. They are not. The 4 of them add up to a total of 750ccs. So, 8 of
them add up to 1500ccs. A "750cc 8cylinder" would be doubly mistaken and
leave the wrong impression of what the engine is for both displacement and
imagined performance.
Back to top
Mystery Problem with my Nighthawk 1998
<http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers/t/4de9916e9751b051?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
Francisco Gomez <cum.gome...@gmail.com>: Jan 20 09:24AM -0400

Ok Drew thanks a lot for your support in this interesting item, I will
check on web site about the manual, after that it will inform to the forum
Best regards and has a nice day

El jue., 20 de enero de 2022 00:37, Drew Gormley <wrenchther...@gmail.com>
escribió:

Francisco Gomez <cum.gome...@gmail.com>: Jan 20 11:14AM -0400

Drew please, could you let me know the link of web site of the maintenance
manual recommended from you.
Sorry for this requirement but in my side the internet is very low and
intermittent, it is very difficult to surf in it
Thanks for your understanding in this matter

El jue., 20 de enero de 2022 09:24, Francisco Gomez <cum.gome...@gmail.com>
escribió:

Back to top
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group.
You can change your settings on the group membership
page<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/nighthawk_lovers/join>.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email
nighthawk_lovers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:nighthawk_lovers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.