> Could somebody tell me the specifications of the 3 pin in the SB26 for
> external power.
> I wonder if I am able to build my own powersource based in a cheaper type of
> batteries than the original ones.
> If anybody whether knows about or already made something like that, adn if
> it is safe form my SB26.

> Thanks in advance.

The three 3 pin connector of the SB 26 is made for the SD 8 system which works with a bigger condensator than the flash. By this way it will replace the flash condensator , with this system you always need batteries in the flash + batteries in the SD8. it is not so fast recycling time.
Beware: it means high votlage !!!!!!
If you want to have a more powerfull flash (more capacity & faster recycling time), you have to connect your external alimentation inside the battery holder. The Quantum system works like that, it has no condensator but a powerfull battery (2-5 amp) with wery short recycling time 2-5 sec (depends of wich modell). I personally have worked with metz flashs & metz power packs . The contacts are similar to the Quantum system.
Now I have two acid lead gel batteries (3Ah / 6V / 650 grammes each, dimentions are: 6cm/3.5cm/13.5cm) from Sonnenschein Germany. Recycling time is 6-8 sec for a full charge with my 40 MZ 2, autonomy is 2.5X more than the Metz power pack. The advantage is no memory effect, 4-6 years of life-battery, low cost: 25$ each, charger is around 10$ (6volts, 260 mA), you can leave it pluged on the charger as long as you want. I have made a support, by this way I can fix it under the body. I also have an adaptator that I can plug in a car cigaret lighter to let it in charge when i drive.
I also have a 12 volts acid lead gel batteries that I use for my F5 with the MC 32 cord, with a voltage divider
(12 goto 6 Volts) , by this way I have twelve volts for the body & 6 volts for the flash, from the same alimentation.

sorry for my poor english, hope this help

C. Koenig photography
Chemin des Cottages 2
CH - 1007 Lausanne
phone ++ 41 - 21 626 23 73