Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:53:35 +0200
    From: Neil van Niekerk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Subject: Info needed : MF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 [v04.n175/10]
    Message: 10

    I just bought (second-hand obviously) the manual focus Micro-Nikkor
105mm
    f2.8;  since this was a much needed gap in my range of lenses, and I
got it
    at a good price and in very good condition.

    Two questions:
    1,  Am I correct in my assumption that it is actually 1:2 macro and
not 1:1
    ??  Comparing image sizes in the viewfinder it would appear to be
1:2.
    Are there any specific / dedicated close-up filters / lenses to be
added to
    make it 1:1 ??

    2,   On the focusing ring there are 4 scales.
    The bottom two are the marked distance in meters and feet.
    The next scale appears to be magnification  1:10  9  8 ...    2
    (which also makes me believe it is only 1:2 magnification)
    anyway .. the next scale is a mystery .. PN with a series of numbers
and
    then brackets indicating certain f-stops.  What is that all about ??

Hi Neil,

to make 1:1 you need kind of a distance-tube (sorry, my english is too
poor to find the special expression) made by Nikon just for this
purpose. It is without optic.

Using this, the "mystery-scale" will explain itself: you will have scale

Happy Chrismas to all of you

Rainer