Dear fellow Nikoneers,

There's a wonderful used F-801s (N8008s) in a shop window here in Graz,
Austria for a very reasonable price and I am tempted to buy it. I own an
almost new F-601, which I really love. So I have to be convinced not just
by my feelings, but also by logical reasons. I know about the 1/250 X-Sync,
the DOF preview, the 1/8000 as fastest shutter speed, the ME-capability and
the better communication with my father's SB26, which I can borrow, when
needed. And I know about the draw-backs (no's: BKT, built-in flash, onboard
flash-features, etc.). What I'm really interested in besides those already
good points, is the following:
1. Is the F-801s more reliable than the F-601, is it more rugged?
2. Is the AF really that much faster (yes, I'm still using AF)?
3. Is there a way to get the printing data somehow stored? I know, there is
MF-21, but is it possible to print the data on frame 0?????? I won't print
anything ON the frame!
I would very much appreciate any information from all of you, especially
those who used both cameras. You're very welcome to answer me directly, if
you feel this would overload the list.
Thanks friends,

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Spekner
 Franz-Nabl-Institut für Literaturforschung
[Franz-Nabl-Institute for Literary Research]
 Humboldtstrasse 9
 A-8010 Graz
 Austria
Tel. ++43/316/685269