I'm thinking of getting an MC-22 shutter cord to use with my N90S and an
external triggering device and I have a few questions...

The MC-22 terminates in three leads with bannana plugs attached. I'm
assuming one lead will be a common, one to actuate AE/AF, and the third to
actually trip the shutter (when connected to common).  What will be needed
for an external switch?  It would seem that in order to actuate AE/AF prior
to tripping the shutter, a switch which has a progressive shorting action
would be needed, so that the AE/AF lead is connected and remains connected
to common while (and prior to) connecting common with the shutter trip lead.
Or, could the AE/AF and shutter leads simply be tied together and
simultaneously be switched to common?

I hate to shell out $50 to find out this thing won't do what I want it to
do.

-Karl.