"[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:...
...the winder will start firing uncontrollably until either it hits the end
of the roll or I can get to the off switch. This even occurs in single
shot mode."

I had a similar problem with my old Konica FT-1. Mine started out as an
occasional extra frame and then got so bad that it would blow off a whole
roll when it was cold.  Linking the problem to temperature was a big key in
solving the problem.

The problem was eventually traced to a sticky ratchet-and-pawl arrangement
under the bottom plate of the camera, below the take-up reel.  The
mechanism which was suffering from "gooey grease" syndrome.  By careful
application of some RC car motor cleaning spray, the offending 15 year old
grease was rinsed off.  After a relube, the camera was fine even at -20 C
doing astrophotography.

Hope yours is that easy.

Steve MacLeod
N90s in Kalamazoo, MI