Happy Holidays to one and all,
    I am in a bit of a quandary about the F5,so I thought I'd ask the group
a few questions.
    I want to upgrade my F4s to an F5. I have only 2 x 'D' lenses; the 20mm
and my 200mm/Micro.  I have the following non-'D' AF lenses 35/2; 85/1.8 and
180/2.8 . Lastly, I have my old standby MF 105/2.8 Micro AIS  with the
PN-11.
    To get the most out of the F5 with my SB-26 for flash work, I presume
that D-lenses are required; Yes/No??
     I understand that my 105 can't be used with Colour Matrix metering but
it is ok with centre weighted or spot metering. Is there any way to fool the
F5 into allowing the use of the MF 105 by custom programming or lens
modification?
    My plan is to trade-in or sell the 35 for a 35-D. If I can't use the
105, I'll trade or sell it with the aforementioned 35 and buy the
35-70/2.8-D. My 200 Micro is my main macro lens now, it's just that my 105
has been so good to me over several years and I'd like to keep it. If it
isn't useable in the F5; someone else will be getting a great 105! ( By the
way; no, I don't want the new AF-D 105.)
    The 85 can be used in Colour Matrix mode but since it isn't a D lens, I
lose the distance info. I use this mostly for portraits; can it be upgraded
to a D version?
    Thankyou for your help. E-mail direct or here to the group.

Happy New Year,

Owen

" I cried because I had no shoes,
until I met a man who had no class."