        > ideas whether the resolution will
        > hold or if the shot will be viewable
        > from perhaps a foot away at least?
        > This pertains to both lens and film
        >(I read somewhere that Ektar 25 will
        > allow for "grainless" 20x30 inch
        > prints, but frankly I'm a bit
        > skeptical!).

        Ektar 25's a GREAT film -- it's nearly as  good as
        Kodachrome 25.   At 20x it'll accurately record all
        of the camera shake, blocked shadows and/or
        burned out highlights that you'd never notice on
        a smaller print.  ;-)

        Seriously, The film isn't the limiting factor on enlarging
        35mm prints.  Use a good tripod, lock up the mirror if
        you can, and bracket in 1/3 EV steps and you'll get some
        decent shots.

        The 105 macro should be more than adequate.

        -Don