Massimo,

I just bought a 85mm f1.8 and before that, compared the price of
different [mail order] shops.

Here it is (prices for the 85mm f/1.8, in BEF, divide by 40.34 to get it
in EURO).

Typical French high street price:       ~23000
Typical Belgian high street price:      ~21750
Typical UK high street price:           ~17298
http://callisto.worldonline.nl/~merceij 16735
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk:            14415
http://www.ny-camera.com (german):      14008
B&H Nikon US:                           12420
B&H Grey:                               10350

You can notice the wild variation, even within Europe... I personally
bought from Unbeatable. They have shops in West Sussex (shops are called
Capital Sound & Vision) where you can buy at the same prices.. and save
the shipping costs. Items are grey import but I don't really care,
especially for a lens.
If you add shipping and custom fees to B&H, it comes really close to
European prices. I wish I lived in the US... (well, for this, at least).

Hope this helps,

Nicolas.