I recently read this message on the Nikon Digest

----------------------

I just tried to buy an LS2000 PC version and SF200 from B&H
Your quoted price $1610 and $470

I asked the salesman to meet competition.

I gave him the Tri State prices -
The response "We don't match TriState"
Why not
"Just try buying from them"

Tri State , and Smile were at $1599 for the LS2000
Tri State was at $439 for the SF200
Smile didn't have stock

TriState says they have stock

What's going on Ed?

For my part I hope we don't see more of this kind of  post on the Digest.
What I don't understand is why this person doesn't buy the equipment from
TriSTate.  That would seem a more rational thing to do than post a purely
personal gripe to B&H on this public forum.  At least constact Mr. Posner
directly and not subject us to this waste.