Jonathan wrote:

> Frankly, there are differences between the quality of the slides you shot with
> your top of the line Nikon lenses and your friends cheap-o Canon lenses.
> However you may not have the eyes to see them.  Nikon lenses almost always
> have greater contrast than the Canon ones.  This is seen as a separation
> between tones, not "maximum contrast."  The Nikon lenses you were using are
> sharper than the Canon ones he shot with but your inability to see that
> difference may be due to your loupe quality.

No offense intended but frankly John, this is blatently biased crap.

To make suppositions about slides you personally haven't viewed and from
there insult and/or degrade the original poster is ludicrous.

The person using the Canon may have employed better technique when
taking the
photos. Both Canon and Nikon make excellent equipment. Like the original
poster,
I too find Canon lenses to often times be superior in apparent
sharpness. I suspect this is due to Canons coatings and/or their glass
formula. Another
possibility is that his/her lenses had finer focus gearing, allowing
better
control of the focus point.

To the original poster et al-- Cogito ergo sum.....if it looks sharper,
it is sharper.

Rusty