People with small hands seem to hate this grip.  Thus, if you are of the
same persuasion, I would not advise getting it.  On the other hand, I myself
have rather large hands, and I can tell you that the N90s feels like a
totally different camera.  It's actually comfortable to hold.  It was one
factor that convinced me to keep the camera, as opposed to sell it, and
either get another F4, or get into medium format.  As for the vertical
shutter release, it's much more comfortable to shoot with, although I will
admit that that aspect has not effected me much (I shoot horizontally nearly
all the time).  The  MB-10 is not for everyone, so see if you can visit your
local camera shop, and put one on.  Play with it for a few minutes, and see
if you like it.
Nick

Nicholas S. Rubenstein
http://imperium.bayside.net/gallery