Hi fellow Nikoneers:

First of all let me congratulate you all. Being in Chile, with very little
access to knowledgeable sources, this group is a great source of
information.

Second, let me give my unsolicited opinion. Sometimes I feel very
uncomfortable reading messages to complain directly or indirectly to B&H
(which, by the way, I like as a customer), or other subjects that I
personally think should be posted somewhere. However, I think the free flow
of opinions is an essential element of the richness this group has. I
believe this group has more in common than just Nikon equipment. It is a
community with all the heterogeneity possible (nationality, age, language,
experience, etc.) but with a genuine interest in freely sharing their
doubts, views, experiences, advise and certainly an interest in taking the
best possible pictures. Do not attempt to censor it (at least not yet)

Finally, a question that might be considered not Nikon specific. A local
newspaper went bankrupt and they were selling a bunch of Nikon gear in a
puclic auction. I finally did not buy anything because the stuff in good
shape went too high.

My question: In case I have another chance like this, Should I avoid
photojournalistic used equipment (particularly those handled by
non-owners?) Is there any type of equipment that are likely to be in better
shape than other? (cameras, lenses, etc.)

ThanX,

Alfredo Enrione
Santiago, Chile