hi john-

it would be almost impossible to ascertain a difference in build quality
merely by holding both cameras, although i think the "feel" of the N70,
especially with the quartz date back fits much better in your hand. it's
easy to mistake heaviness with the perception of quality. my N90 has
more protection against rain and dust, and feels more solid, but i can't
really say it's better quality. i think the N70 is very easy to use and
once you get used to the "operating system" it's as easy as anything.
the position of the wheel at the top right rear of the camera is much
more convenient to operate, IMHO, than the 6006's wheel on top. they are
both nice cameras, although i prefer the N70.

feature wise, the N70 also wins, although some differences are very
minor:
-faster autofocus
-autofocus is switchable between center and wider area
-faster top shutter speed 1/4000 vs. 1/2000 (additional flexibility for
f1.8 portraits with fast film)
-N70 features 3D matrix flash with "D" lenses
-flash exposure bracketing
-quick-recall of up to three setting combinations
-quick restore of "factory" settings
-*much* faster motordrive 3.7 fps vs. 2.0 fps
-built-in flash is slightly stronger (i know, who cares! ;-) )
-in terms of style, i think the N70 looks better than the 6006

-it may come down to price for you. the street price of the N70 is
aboout $450, the 6006 is about $400.

-brad