To echo the views of Jason Hughes, I would also recommend the 35mm
     f2.8 AI lens. I bought mine used in 1983 (my first Nikkor lens!) to
     use on an FE2 and sold it this year. I had no idea it was supposed to
     be a poor performer, so I would caution people against being
     prejudiced from heresay- my lens was a cracker. It certainly didn't
     let the side down compared to my AF 105 micro and AF 180f2.8 lenses,
     which are very fine performers. The 35mm f2.8 is well made, small and
     a bargain. If you don't like it, I reckon you could get your money
     back easily by selling on.

     Stewart.