Chuck asked:

>I just received a new PN-11 extension tube that has no caps front or rear.
>Anybody know if this is how Nikon ships? If so this is crazy, I want caps
>to keep dust out.

Chuck,

Some years ago, my Dad bequeathed to me a PK-13 tube wihch was in its
original packaging. No lens caps were included. I keep mine in the plastic
bag that was in the original box. The bag goes in its own foam cutout in my
hard case. I've never seen any dust on it, even though I do a lot of
traveling on Arizona's dusty back roads. Quite a bit of dust gets into the
back of my pickup, even though it is covered. The hard case provides enough
protection to keep the bodies and lenses clean. I often have to unload the
hard cases (35mm, medium format, and filters/flashes/meters/etc.) and blow
the dust off the cases with my air compressor after a day's trip into the
boonies.

Best regards,

Stew
--
Photo Web pages: http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart

UNIX: It's not just 'User-Unfriendly', it's 'Proactively User-Hostile'!

Nothing generates so much silence as confronting a person with an
undeniable truth which is contrary to that person's beliefs.

Manual cameras, Luna-Pro's and stick shifts.