Hi Panos,

> One more question. You mentioned that the FE2 is much more center weighted
> than the F-601, why do you say that? I've checked and the Center Weighted
> system for the FE2 is 60/40, where for the F-601 is 75/25. Doesn't that mean
> that the F-601 gives more weight on the 12 mm circle than the FE2?

I've made some experiments with my two cameras and have possibly
found the solution: First, you were right: The F-601 gives more
weight to the inner circle than the FE2. The reason why if find it so
unpredictable in real life situations is that it reacts much less
continiously to changing light conditions than the FE2.

Let me explain:  In a dark room I positioned a single light source
and measured with the two cameas the exposure. Both give the same
value if the light is either in the middle or at the edge of the
frame. If the light, hoever, is close to the circle than they give
entirely different values. The FE2 goes contiually to other values
and beginns with that already considerably outside the circle. By
contrast, the F-601 first does not seem to react at all, but goes to
the other value almost immediately when crossing the line of the
circle.

Thank you for your hint! It helps me much to understand what my
cameras do.

Christian