> I've also noticed this with my FE2. When metering a small bright light in
> a dark scene, as I move the camera across, the meter starts low and climbs
> steadily. It peaks at center, them falls away on the other side. The
> circle does not seem to mark any sort of boundary with the meter. The
> whole circle has 60% weighting, but metering is not averaged inside or
> outside the circle (as in the F-601). The very center of the circle seems
> to have much higher sensitivity than elsewhere - I tend to think of the
> meter in the FE2 as a "fuzzy" spot meter.

I think fuzzy spot meter is a very good explanation of the FE2's
behavior.

However, there is one more strange thing about it: If you take a very
small light source and position it exactly in the middle of the
viewfinder than the measured light declines drastically. So the peak
is near the middle of the circle but not exactly in the middle.

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Christian