According to the Nikon Japanese website on the F100, the TC-16A does not
AF on the F100 (unlike the N90s/F90X, F4 and F5).  As always, my
Japanese is not as good as it used to be, so feel free to correct me if
I am wrong.

Check it out at:
http://nikon.topica.ne.jp/camera/ichigan/f100_spec.htm

Steve

>From: "Joel M. Berez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: my biggest complaint about the F100.  [v04.n209/4]
>[v04.n210/23]
>Message: 23

>BTW, does anyone have positive information about the F100 supporting
>the TC-16A?  It is not mentioned in the lens-compatibility chart.
>Since some AF Nikons in the past have not supported it (like the >N70),
this could very well be a feature that Nikon might decide can >be safely
omitted.