On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:18:14 +1300 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(nikon-digest) wrote:

>If this were true then a MF print wouldn't be any sharper than a 35mm print
>of the same size (do the math) and then why would anyone ever go to the
>trouble (and expense!) of using medium format?  One look at a good
>enlargement from a Hasselblad will definitely convince you otherwise.

I think the true advantage of MF and LF is finer tonality, not improved
sharpness.  And I think you are also confusing sharpness and resolution.  There
is a difference! TMZ is very sharp, but it has low resolution. APX 25 has a high
resolution, but it may appear less sharp than TMZ.  The same principle holds
true for lenses.