I have started doing my own black and white processing again.  I want to get
an EL-Nikkor lens for my enlarger.  As I peruse the 50mm lenses available on
the used market, I see both the F4 lenses and the F2.8's.  Can anyone tell
me, other than the obvious one stop wider and brighter for focusing, any
advantages the F2.8 has over the F4.  It looks as if price wise, one stop
doubles the price.  Is there any marked increase in quality, in printing
ability?

Mel Hughes
Chattanooga, TN
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Nothing is hopeless; we must hope for everything."   Euripedes