I'm a newspaper reporter and occasionally use my N70 with 28-70mm lens for
breaking news photos when I'm first on the scene. Sometimes I need a longer
lens,
out to 200mm or so and I carry an old 80-200 Tokina on my FE-2.

I'm considering buying a Nikon 28-200mm but saw some tests that pretty much
said the lens is terrible. Decades ago I used a Nikon 43-86 and I know
Nikon can produce an occasional poor-resolution lens. I don't want to be go
that way again.

Problem is, some of my stuff is shot wide open, available darkness. People
that have the Nikon 28-200mm, how sharp is this lens wide open or closed
down only one stop?

The other way I could go is to buy a 70-210mm or 100-300mm. For sharpness,
open or almost open, what do users of these lenses recommend?

I am shooting 400 speed C-41 in all cases. Answer here or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIA,
Tom

  <><     Tom Bowman, WA3REY, Mount Gretna, PA 17064

                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                  http://www.mt-gretna.com